NJIT Commencement Exercises May 15, May 17 and May 18, 2018
MEDIA ADVISORY: New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) to Confer More than 3,100 Degrees at 102nd Commencement Exercises May 15, May 17 and May 18, 2018
Engineering Educator Dr. Leah Hope Jamieson to Deliver 2018 Commencement Address and Receive Honorary Doctor of Science
WHAT: New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) will award more than 3,100 baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral degrees at the 102nd Commencement exercises. The university also will confer honorary degrees on three individuals.
- Tuesday, May 15, 2018 at 9 a.m.(baccalaureate and doctoral degrees)
- Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 9 a.m. (master’s degrees from the College of Architecture and Design, College of Science and Liberal Arts, Martin Tuchman School of Management, and Ying Wu College of Computing)
- Friday, May 18, 2018 at 9 a.m. (master’s degrees from Newark College of Engineering).
A live broadcast can be viewed at https://commencement.njit.edu/live.php.
WHERE: May 15: Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey; May 17 and May 18: NJIT Wellness and Events Center
- NJIT President Joel S. Bloom will preside over the three ceremonies.
- Commencement Address and Honorary Degrees: Dr. Leah Hope Jamieson, Ransburg Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Professor of Engineering Education and John A. Edwardson Dean Emerita of Engineering at Purdue University will deliver the 2018 Commencement address and receive an honorary Doctor of Science. Newark Mayor Ras J. Baraka will receive an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters and Richard P. Sweeney ’82, vice president at Keurig and a co-founder of the K-cup single coffee brewing system, will receive an honorary Doctor of Science.
- Student Speakers: Mark Neubauer (May 15), Agrim Sachdeva (May 17), and Majd Awad (May 18) will give remarks on behalf of the student body.
To learn about more about the outstanding graduates of the Class of 2018, click here: https://news.njit.edu/keywords/class-2018/