Students who are involved and interested in a technologically complex world can study under the guidance of faculty who have specialized professionally in:
- The history of the development of technology in all of its forms, including computers, medicine, science, and the media.
- The interaction between technology, society and the environment.
- The interaction of the law with technology and culture.
Students can use the full resources of the university to pursue studies in technology while majoring in history.
- Dual Majors available
- Minor in history or in legal studies
- Clubs and Societies including Alpha Nu Alpha, the NJIT chapter of Phi Alpha Theta National History Honor Society And the NJIT Pre-Law Society (PLS)
Students also have all the advantages of a traditional university through participation with Rutgers in the federated department.
For additional information on careers with an undergraduate degree in history click on the link tothe American Historical Association's page Careers for History Majors. To read about Big Data and careers in history, see the article "Big Data: an Opportunity for Historians?".